The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person and/or air borne contact, including individuals without disease symptoms. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people. The health and well-being of our staff and athletes remains our top priority. In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our environment and spreading amongst our community, we will only allow staff assigned to work and athletes scheduled to participate to be in the facility.
As we all know competitive sports are not allowed and competitive volleyball falls into the Higher Risk Sports.
New York State: Not Allowed: Games, meets, matches, scrimmages (e.g. organized leagues, pick-up sports), Competitive tournaments of multiple games, meets, matches, or scrimmages requiring travel
New York State: Type of Play Allowed: Organized no/low-contact group training (e.g. sport camps and clinics), Individual or distanced group training or activities
LIVB, Inc – LI Blaze VBC follows the CDC, DOH and NYS guidelines Reopening of Sports and Recreation Guidelines with a small group training plan to ensure that players learn the game, work hard, train and have a fun experience.
LIVB, Inc – LI Blaze VBC has put in place numerous preventative measures and protocols to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 in the Facility/Gym environment. However, LIVB, Inc – LI Blaze cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19.
LIVB, Inc – LI Blaze VBC is the only program operating in the facility, no crossover of other programs.
LIVB, Inc – LI Blaze VBC sanitizing fog in the arena and bleacher area.
- Equipment is sanitized/cleaned.
- The facility has a large roll up door that will be open as long as the outside temperature permits for fresh air.
- The Facility has upgraded Merv 13 filters as per the DOH.
- A limited number of athletes are permitted per session per court to adhere to the health guidelines.
- No Walk-ins.
- Face Mask is required at all times.
- Bring your own water.
- Parent or Adult Guardian completes the online health screening form 24 hours before for the player arrives on site.
- Upon arrival to the facility (front entrance) temperature checks and hand sanitizing.
- Hand sanitizing before entering the arena and when exiting the arena for all players and staff.
- Exit the facility using the side exit.